Effective: February 17, 2023
2. INFORMATION WE PROCESS
When you use the Services, we collect certain information from you. This information can be broken down into three categories: (A) information you give us; (B) information we receive from other sources; and, (C) information we collect automatically.
Information You Give Us
When you use our Services, you may provide us some or all of the following information:
- Registration information, such as your name, username, password, email, and phone number.
- Payment information, such as payment card numbers or other financial information used to make payments directly with us.
- Information in correspondence you send to us, our customer care team, or with other users.
- Information you share through surveys conducted by us and Yoodli-sponsored events you participate in.
- If you choose to connect your calendar with our Services, we will collect information about meetings on your calendar, the contact information of attendees, the subject of the meeting, the duration, and any other information that may be included in the meeting invitation.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive your information from other sources, such as:
- Other Users. Other users may provide information about you as they use our Services, including through customer service inquiries.
- Social Media. If you choose to use your social media login (such as logging in through a Google account) to create your Yoodli account, we may collect login information from your social media account, such as your name and profile picture.
- Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third-party services, such as advertising partners, data providers, and analytics providers.
- Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other publicly available sources.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about which features you've used, how you've used them, and the devices you use to access the Services.
- Usage Information. We collect information regarding your use of the Services (e.g., date and time you log in, features you use, searches, clicks, advertising that you click on) and any content that you generate through it, such as audio or video recordings that you enable on our Services, or information that you upload to it.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our Services, including:
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device- specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address).
- Information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength.
- Interactions With Other Users. We collect and process information about how you interact with other users whenever you compose, send, or receive messages through the Services (e.g. time and date of your exchanges).
Information We Create or Generate
We infer or generate new information from other personal information we collect, including to provide you with the Services you request. For example, we analyze recordings that you enable through our Services in order to provide analytics on your visual, verbal, and vocal delivery.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We generally use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to us, including providing technical and/or customer support.
- Execute and enforce agreements with users, including processing orders for our products and services, and billing and collections.
- Improve and develop our Services and conduct product development.
- Send you marketing information about our events, offers, products, and services.
- Ensure legal compliance.
We will only send marketing information to you, if opt in to our marketing communications. If you wish to opt out of such communications, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information to third parties but we may share certain information with service providers, our partners, and, in certain circumstances, with legal authorities. Read on to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers and Partners. We use third parties to help us operate and improve the Services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, sending communications, technology services, advertising, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing. These service providers and partners may include:
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics vendors, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically, but would not receive your payment information or have access to content you generate through or upload to the Services.
- Research providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but would not receive your payment information or have access to content you generate through or upload to the Services.
- Payment processors and transaction fulfillment providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but who will not have access to content you generate through or upload to the Services.
- Customer and technical support providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically.
- Within Our Corporate Group. We may share the information we collect within our corporate group, including a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group. Yoodli employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
- For Corporate Transactions. We may share the information we collect in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- For Legal Reasons. We may disclose any of the information we collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Yoodli, the Services, our affiliates, users, or the public. We may also share any of the information we collect to enforce any terms applicable to the Services, to exercise or defend any legal claims, comply with any applicable law, and to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity or other wrongdoing.
- With Your Consent. We may share your personal information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or at your direction.
If you access third-party services, such as Google, to login to the Services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Services, in accordance with their privacy policies. If you choose to allow a third-party service to access your account, we will share certain information about you with the third party. Depending on the permissions you grant, the third party may be able to obtain your account information and other information you choose to provide. We are not responsible or liable for any third parties’ terms, policies, or actions.
Please be aware that any information you make public on our Services can be accessed by other users and that neither you nor we have any control over how others will use that information. We are not responsible for the information you choose to make public.
5. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Access and Correction. Our Services allows you to access and edit most of your basic account information directly. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your information, to update it, and/or to opt out of its processing. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we answer the above requests. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request is unlawful.
- Deletion. You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at email@example.com. You may also terminate and/or delete your account at any time, for any reason, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advertising Preferences. If you would like to modify the information we and our advertising partners use to select personalized ads for you or to opt out of us and our partners using such information, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
We use commercially reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please be aware that, despite our measures, no data security measures or method of transmission over the Internet or means of electronic or physical storage, is guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information on our Services from a child under age 16, we will delete that information promptly. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information that is required for the purposes of enforcing and executing agreements with users (for example, subscription packages to access advanced features) will be held for the duration of the contractual relationship and may be held for (a) a longer period of time where there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so (in which case it will be deleted once no longer required for the legal or regulatory purpose) or (b) a shorter period where you object to the processing of your personal information and there is no longer a legitimate business purpose to retain it.
All other personal information will be retained for as long as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
9. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others allow us to track your activities at our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity as you move through our Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising on third-party sites.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other similar technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about site usage. We also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e- mails are forwarded.
11. CONTACTING US